It’s no secret to anyone at Old Glory that I heart karaoke like whoa. Judging from the social webs and the number of weekly karaoke nights hosted by bars across the country, you love it too. There’s even a badge on foursquare for three check-ins in one month at three locations tagged with the word ‘karaoke,’ aptly named “Don’t Stop Believing.”
I always wear one of our tees when I sing. It’s a great alternative to copious amounts of alcohol to reduce stage fright. It takes a lot of courage to pick up that mic, and karaoke nerves can make even great singers sound like an American Idol reject. For those that believe in that sort of thing, it’s also a way to channel the awesome of the band or artist. Epic bonus? No hangover!
The only question was, where to begin? There are hundreds of fun karaoke songs, and we have thousands of cool t shirts. This article from AskMen.com lists their top ten karaoke songs for guys, which provided a framework to narrow it down. From ten to one, here is their list, and my recommendations for tees to pair with them.
*Any time there is an image in this or any of our blog posts, clicking on it will bring you directly to that page on OldGlory.com.*
10. “Born In The U.S.A” by Bruce Springsteen
9. “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
8. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
7. “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
6. “Livin’ On A Prayer” by Jon Bon Jovi
5. “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. “Friends In Low Places” by Garth Brooks
3. “Cecilia” by Simon and Garfunkel
2. “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
1. “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf
Feel free to add your own favorite karaoke songs, and/or the tee you would wear while rocking them out, below in the comments.